Cleaning chemicals are an essential part of janitorial supplies and cleaning machines. Without the right cleaning chemicals, it can be difficult to keep your home or office clean and sanitary.
But, what exactly are cleaning chemicals? What types of cleaning chemicals should you use? And how do you use them safely? In this blog post we’ll answer all these questions and more, so you can have a better understanding of cleaning chemicals and their uses.
What are Cleaning Chemicals?
Household cleaning chemicals are solutions that help remove dirt, stains, oils, germs, bacteria and other microorganisms from a surface. These solutions come in the form of liquids, powders, tablets or sprays. Different types of cleaning chemicals can be used for different surfaces such as ceramic tile floors, carpets or upholstery.
Types of Cleaning Chemicals
There are several different types of cleaning chemicals that can be used for different surfaces. For example:
- Floor cleaners- Floor cleaners are specifically designed to clean hard surfaces such as tile floors and linoleum. They usually contain surfactants which help break down dirt and grease on the surface.
- Glass cleaners- Glass cleaners contain special ingredients like ammonia which help to dissolve grease from glass surfaces while leaving behind a streak free shine.
- Bathroom cleaners- Bathroom cleaners typically contain bleach which kills germs and bacteria while also removing soap scum from shower walls and tubs.
- All-purpose cleaner – All-purpose cleaner is an all-in-one solution that can be used to clean multiple surfaces including countertops, sinks and stovetops. It usually contains surfactants that help dissolve dirt on a variety of surfaces without damaging them.
How to Use Cleaning Chemicals Safely
When using any type of cleaning chemical it’s important to take safety precautions to avoid harming yourself or others around you. Here are some tips for using cleaning chemicals safely:
- Read the label – Always make sure to read the label before using any type of chemical cleaner as each one will have different instructions for safe use such as what protective gear should be worn when using it (gloves/goggles) or if it needs to be diluted with water first before use etc…
- Keep out of reach – Keep all chemical cleaners out of reach from children or pets who may accidentally ingest them or get hurt by them by accident.
- Ventilate – Whenever possible try to open windows/doors while using any type of chemical cleaner in order to ensure proper ventilation so fumes don’t build up in small enclosed spaces like bathrooms or kitchens where they could cause harm if inhaled over a long period time.
When it comes to janitorial supplies and keeping your home or office clean, having a good understanding of cleaning chemicals is essential in order to ensure safety while still getting the job done right.
With the right knowledge about what types there are and how they should be used properly you can keep your home germ free without risking your health in the process! If you need more help choosing the right type for your needs contact our team today! We’re happy to answer any questions about our products or provide advice about how best to use them safely!