If you are looking for a commercial asbestos contractor, it is important to understand the differences between these contractors. While some may be certified, others may not have any certification. Some will do a great job, and others will underperform, so it’s important to find the right one for your project.
An excellent commercial asbestos contractor in Newcastle City can help identify and decrease health risks caused by asbestos exposure.
Reports state that approximately 90% of all deaths from asbestos exposure are due to cancer. Other diseases caused by asbestos exposure include:
- Asbestosis (a serious lung disease).
- Mesothelioma(a deadly cancerous tumour).
- Lung cancer.
Asbestos-related deaths are rising, with over 6,000 asbestos-related deaths reported from 2000 to 2014. Most of these deaths occur in workers exposed to asbestos fibres; however, exposure can also occur through inhalation of asbestos dust or fibres. Be it your workplace or your home, you can significantly contribute to the well-being of your workers and neighbours by employing a commercial asbestos contractor in Newcastle.
Why are commercial asbestos contractors needed?
A few years ago, asbestos was a popular building material. It was used in many different types of construction, including residential, commercial and industrial. However, after the health risks associated with asbestos were fully understood, the use of this material was banned in many places. Today, commercial asbestos contractors are needed to remove and dispose of the asbestos still present in some buildings.
Here are the popular reasons why you may need a commercial asbestos contractor:
- There may be traces of asbestos left in old walls or ceilings.
- The material could be brittle and cause damage if it falls apart.
- The contractor may be able to remove the asbestos safely and without causing any damage to the building.
How to find a commercial asbestos contractor in Newcastle?
An authentic commercial asbestos contractor in Newcastle typically has licenses and certification to work with asbestos materials.
It is important to ensure they know what to do if they come across any asbestos materials.
Finally, you’ll want to decide how much you will pay for their services.
Costs of hiring a commercial asbestos contractor
What commercial asbestos contractors do:
Asbestos contractors typically work with various materials, including insulation, ceilings, flooring, and other building materials. They may also be called to help with specific asbestos removal or renovation projects.
Why you may need a commercial asbestos contractor:
There are a few reasons why you may need a commercial asbestos contractor. For example, if you’re having trouble removing all of the asbestos yourself, a contractor may be able to help. Additionally, if your building is older and contains some asbestos material, it may be best to hire a professional to take care of the situation. Finally, suppose you’re renovating an area that will contain any asbestos material (such as a basement). In that case, hiring a professional is essential to ensure that the material is handled correctly and disposed of.
- Get a written estimate. Ask for a quote that includes the cost of materials and labour and estimated time frames for the project. Make sure to ask for a breakdown of what will be included in the estimate, such as start and end dates, hours worked, and equipment requirements.
- Request references. Ask for any referrals from friends, family, or other professionals. Ask if the contractor has ever filed complaints against them with regulatory agencies (like the EPA). Check out the references online before making a decision.
- Be wary of contractors who require upfront payment or offer steep discounts. Finding a contractor who will work with you budget-wise is essential, especially if you have an extensive asbestos removal project.